For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 4

Mutiple RIC's with different lowercase character: but only one get's marketdata

Can you please explain me why we get RIC’s with lowercase characters ?

We have tried to ignore RIc’s with lowercase ‘a’ and prioritize lowercase ‘r’ get better coverage.

Maybe there is a special signification for all these lowercase chars. I need to understand, and develop the logic to choose the correct one.

Thank you

image-2018-01-30-15-39-33-686.png

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I used the GUI, to understand the reports, but the issue is the same on API (HistoricalRefercence-template)

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @marcw,

This question could be data content query. For data content query like this one, the best and speediest way to receive an answer is to open a content-related enquiry in My Account Raise A Case or to call the Thomson Reuters Help Desk directly.

Anyway, I have done some research and found the following explanation. Also some related information can be found in this FAQ.

For the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE), there are auctioned shares listed, which in turn have RICs created from the main RIC root.

These RICs are usually active for a few days, after which they are deleted.
- The ASE RICs are generally in the form of "XYZr.AT".
- The corresponding auctioned share RICs are in the form of "XYZa.AT".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@marcw, I posted a similar answer to your query below the ISIN to RIC article.

Hi @Christiaan Meihsl, thank you, yes it's the same correct answer. FYI I'm retrieving the RIC's via HistoricalReference API-calls. I don't know Eikon, I'll see with our product-owner or TR-account manager. I'm using also the datascope select to get identical results. In the code we need now to filter out some of these Ric's with lowercase. This will improve the market-data coverage for historical data.

Thank you very much, this helps me to understand the specific case for lowercase a and r. I would appreciate to get a complete list of all the used lowercase characters.

@marcw,

The list of lower case characters of Athens Stock Exchange can be found in the <GR/CHAR1> page. Below is the information in the page.

brokeragechar.png (55.1 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.