question

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

How long does it take to work with large corpuses – how long do documents take to tag typically? (from TRIT Webinar Feb 8)

If I want to handle all possible output from TRIT is there a full taxonomy that I could look at to understand more about Topics or Social Tags or Relationships say?

intelligent-tagging-apiintelligent-taggingopen-calais-apisemantic-metadata-tagging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello,

I like to assume 2.5 seconds per document on average, its the safe number it really depends on the size of documents in your document set. so depending on what you mean by large corpus. I would say an example size of 100k documents would take around 70 hours with 1 concurrency or around 17 hours if you are hosting your own TRIT server with 4 concurrent requests going at all times.

This question was first asked in How to Enhance Your Search Platformswebinar (8th of Feb). Please see here: How to Enhance Your Search Platforms

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.