question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Is there any non-Windows COM API that provides Eikon v3- and v4-style fields?

I am a user of Java RFA on Windows and Linux. We use it to simulate Excel =RtGet() function calls.

In the latest versions of Reuters Excel add-in, it seems things are moving towards =TR() function calls.

Example: =TR("0005.HK","TR.TtlCmnSharesOut","SDate=2018-01-31")

I don't know how to simulate this function using Java RFA. However, I have seen Q&As to replicate these function via DEX2 Windows COM library.

Ref: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/9982/is-there-any-api-that-provides-ejv-fields.html

Is there a non-Windows COM API, so we can do this from Linux?

Here is a sample list of v4 TR fields of interest: TR.TtlCmnSharesOut, TR.SharesOutstanding, TR.Freefloat, TR.DivPaymentType, TR.DivType, TR.DivEventStatus, TR.DivAnnouncementDate, TR.DivRecordDate, TR.DivExDate, TR.DivCurr, TR.DivUnadjustedGross, TR.DivFrankedPercent, TR.DivNotes

eikonrfaeikon-com-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @kevin.arpe
I think what you're looking for is an enterprise product named DataScope Select, which provides enterprise access to fundamental and reference data via REST API. The taxonomy used in DataScope Select is different from the one used in Eikon. You'll need to figure out field names and parameters you can use in DataScope Select to retrieve the items you're interested in, but there are numerous tutorials and examples that can help you.
To learn more visit DataScope Select section on this portal.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/datascope-select-dss/datascope-select-rest-api

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.