question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

How do I revise my rfa.xml to use new settings as specified in details below?

Host: plugproxy21.fmr.com

Port: 14008

Service: hEDD

User Id: fcm-test

Here is our rfa.xml…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE preferences SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd"><preferences EXTERNAL_XML_VERSION="1.0"><root type="system"><map/><node name="com"><map/><node name="reuters"><map/><node name="rfa"><map/><node name="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER"><map/><node name="Connections"><map/><node name="P2PS"><map><entry key="connectionType" value="SSL"/><entry key="dacs_SbeSubEnabled" value="false"/><entry key="defaultSectorList" value="ANY"/><entry key="dacs_CbeEnabled" value="false"/><entry key="subscriberSSLConnection" value="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER::SSLConnection"/><entry key="dacs_SbePubEnabled" value="false"/><entry key="marketDataItemSubTimeout" value="5000"/><entry key="downloadDataDict" value="true"/><entry key="listenerSSLConnection" value="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER::SSLConnection"/><entry key="serverList" value="plugproxy21.fmr.com" /><entry key="portNumber" value="14008" /></map></node><node name="SSLConnection"><map><entry key="connectionType" value="SSL"/><entry key="serverList" value="plugproxy21.fmr.com" /><entry key="portNumber" value="14008" /><entry key="ipcTraceFlags" value="7" /><entry key="mountTrace" value="True" /><entry key="logFileName" value="/fidsadm/ProdApp/FI_CORE/RfaFXGwy/logs/XDNR.LOG" /></map></node></node><node name="Sessions"><map/><node name="p2ps"><map><entry key="connectionList" value="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER::P2PS"/></map></node></node></node><node name="_System"><map/><node name="DataDictionaries"><map/><node name="hEDD_DD"><map><entry key="dataDictType" value="Marketfeed"/></map></node></node><node name="Services"><map/><node name="hEDD"><map><entry key="dataFormat" value="1"/><entry key="feedName" value="hEDD"/><entry key="infrastructureType" value="RTIC"/><entry key="dataDictList" value="hEDD_DD"/></map><node name="QoS"><map/></node></node></node></node></node></node></node></root></preferences>

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @david.n.robinson,

The rfa.xml file you included here is incomplete - we can't see any details. Can you include some more details?

thanks.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Thanks @david.n.robinson.

I can see the application is written using the Legacy version of our APIs, i.e. the application is configured to connect into a P2PS which utilizes the legacy market data format of Marketfeed. It appears you have already modified the configuration based on your parameters you specified in your question. The one thing that did catch my eye was that the portNumber was set to 14008 for the connectionType "SSL". A connectionType of "SSL" refers to the Legacy protocol I mentioned above. I'm guessing the portNumber prior to this setting was something more like 8101 which is the default portNumber for SSL connections. However, ports that are in the 14000's are typically used for the connectionType "RSSL" which is the protocol we use today.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the application, but if there was no change to the code and all that you ideally want to do is reconfigure to connect to a new server, it likely is the case that portNumber 14008 refers to non-Legacy servers which use a different message protocol. In this case, the application will not work against connections that support RSSL. You will have to ensure you are connecting into a server that supports SSL connections.

In addition, I can see you want to specify the user ID. It is likely the case that the application has a built-in mechanism to acquire the user ID in a different way, perhaps on the command line. RFA does provide a configuration for userName for SSL connections, however, given it it wasn't in the XML file, they probably didn't use it this way. This you will have to further investigate.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

I will try again...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE preferences SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd">;

<preferences EXTERNAL_XML_VERSION="1.0">

<root type="system">

<map/>

<node name="com">

<map/>

<node name="reuters">

<map/>

<node name="rfa">

<map/>

<node name="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER">

<map/>

<node name="Connections">

<map/>

<node name="P2PS">

<map>

<entry key="connectionType" value="SSL"/>

<entry key="dacs_SbeSubEnabled" value="false"/>

<entry key="defaultSectorList" value="ANY"/>

<entry key="dacs_CbeEnabled" value="false"/>

<entry key="subscriberSSLConnection" value="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER::SSLConnection"/>

<entry key="dacs_SbePubEnabled" value="false"/>

<entry key="marketDataItemSubTimeout" value="5000"/>

<entry key="downloadDataDict" value="true"/>

<entry key="listenerSSLConnection" value="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER::SSLConnection"/>

<entry key="serverList" value="plugproxy21.fmr.com" />

<entry key="portNumber" value="14008" />

</map>

</node>

<node name="SSLConnection">

<map>

<entry key="connectionType" value="SSL"/>

<entry key="serverList" value="plugproxy21.fmr.com" />

<entry key="portNumber" value="14008" />

<entry key="ipcTraceFlags" value="7" />

<entry key="mountTrace" value="True" />

<entry key="logFileName" value="/fidsadm/ProdApp/FI_CORE/RfaFXGwy/logs/XDNR.LOG" />

</map>

</node>

</node>

<node name="Sessions">

<map/>

<node name="p2ps">

<map>

<entry key="connectionList" value="RFA_P2PS_SUBSCRIBER::P2PS"/>

</map>

</node>

</node>

</node>

<node name="_System">

<map/>

<node name="DataDictionaries">

<map/>

<node name="hEDD_DD">

<map>

<entry key="dataDictType" value="Marketfeed"/>

</map>

</node>

</node>

<node name="Services">

<map/>

<node name="hEDD">

<map>

<entry key="dataFormat" value="1"/>

<entry key="feedName" value="hEDD"/>

<entry key="infrastructureType" value="RTIC"/>

<entry key="dataDictList" value="hEDD_DD"/>

</map>

<node name="QoS">

<map/>

</node>

</node>

</node>

</node>

</node>

</node>

</node>

</root>

</preferences>

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.