Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 3 12 10

How to retrieve biggest owning mutual funds in python API

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to retrieve a list of the top 10 mutual funds owning a certain company. I know TR.InvestorFullName retrieves the biggest finantial institutions, but not the mutual funds. I would like to retrieve some data like in the ownership section:
http://money.cnn.com/quote/shareholders/shareholders.html?symb=AAPL&subView=institutional
Where they have data from biggest institutions and biggest funds. I know how to get the institutions but not the funds.

Thanks in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifunds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ant1bball,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

You can use Formula Builder in Eikon Excel to see all available fields. For fund ownership, all available fields are in Ownership -> Fund Ownership category.

For example, the name of fund is in the TR.FundPortfolioName field.

After getting a formula from Eikon Excel, you can apply it to Eikon Data API, as mentioned in this question.

Otherwise, you can directly contact Eikon support team for the Eikon Excel formula (=TR function) used to retrieve the required financial data.

formulabuilder.png (95.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
41 0 0 1

You will also fine some useful information in the Company Ownership in EIKON.

Each column shows a Field Definition you can use when you click on the question mark on top.

So here it is TR.InvParentType and TR.InvestorType and TR.TotalEquityAssets and TR.InvInvestmentStyleCode

aaplo.png (92.3 KiB)
aaplo.png (36.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.