Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 2 1 2

How can i make a distinction between remind news and others when i using EIKON DATA API(get_news_headlines)?

In news controller,there has three types of news:normal、important、remind,how can i just get the normal and important news using EIKON DATA API(get_news_headlines)?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

It seems that you would like to filter out Alert headlines. Please try this query.

headlines = ek.get_news_headlines("NOT ALL ALERT AND COC")
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@351166279
I'm afraid I cannot say I understand the question. Would you mind elaborating? I surmise by "news controller" you mean News Monitor app in Eikon, right? But what do "three types of news: normal, important, remind" refer to? Where do you see these terms? An illustration or a screenshot would be most helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 2 1 2

@Alex Putkov.

In EiKon News Monitor app,i just want to using EIKON DATA API(get_news_headlines) for getting normal and top headline news.I don't know which is the true parameter should i use?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.