Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

delayed price quotes in python data api

my quotes for fixed price and brent options is delayed by 10 minutes in the python api, but excel add in and eikon gui are both near real time.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidelayed-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @r.arnold

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @r.arnold

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@r.arnold

Could you please include an example of the call you make and the result you receive.
As a quick test I just tried ek.get_data(['LCO6350E8'],['BID','ASK','TIMACT']), and I got back
Instrument BID ASK TIMACT
LCO6350E8 1.87 1.9 20:16:21
In the above the timestamp on the quote (the value of TIMACT field) is current and the same as in Eikon Quote app. In other words I'm not reproducing the issue you describe.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This is non-reproducible right now, there is not a delay on my api now with unchanged code. According to an email, i suspect 'permissions to the real time data in our database' have been updated.

thank you for your help.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0
import time 
time.sleep(5)   # Delays for 5 seconds. You can also use a float value.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.