question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 3 7

RFA.NET - Session.Acquire gives timeout exception when called from server side

I have a Client-Server application in .NET. When I try to acquire session at client side, it works fine, however when I try to do the same thing at server side, it gives time out exception. I have the config file at server side. Still it fails to acquire session. The config file has below entries related to session

\Sessions\Session1\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL"
\Sessions\SessionConsMCast\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL_CONS_MCAST"
\Sessions\SessionOMMProv\connectionList = "Connection_OMMProv"
\Sessions\SessionOMMNIProv\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL_NIPROV"
#\Sessions\SessionOMMNIProv\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL_NIPROV_MCAST"
\Sessions\HybridAppSession\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL, Connection_RSSL_PROV"
\Sessions\NewsDisplaySess\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL"
\Sessions\MSExcelSession\connectionList = "Connection_RSSL"
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\traceMsgToFile = true

treprfarfa-apisession
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've moved this question from category: 'EMA' to 'RFA'.

Upvote
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @anil.s

One of the most common issues of WCF app is loading message file.

WCF app default working directory is c:\windows\system32 (for 64 bit OS and 64 bit application) or c:\windows\SysWOW64 (for 32 bit application).

You have to copy RFA8_MsgFile###.dll to c:\windows\system32 or c:\windows\SysWOW64.

Or, as an alternative, you can add the following configuration to RFA configuration,

\Logger\AppLogger\useInternalLogStrings = true

and RFA will use message file from internal lib.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The configuration entry worked! Thanks @Warat B. !!

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Is there a network route to market data server from your server?

Can you ping or try to see if you can telnet to ADS port 14002 (default) from your server machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

My WCF service is hosted on same PC and I have placed the config file at service bin directory

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.