Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Merger and acquisitions python API

I am trying to return all merger and acquisition corporate events for Apple Inc. I have constructed this query using another developer page, as well as Eikons Excel formula build in.

Using:

symbol = 'AAPL.OQ'
names_list = ['TR.DealDate;TR.DealStatus;TR.DealAcquiror;TR.DealTarget;TR.DealType;TR.DealSynopsis; TR.DealAnnouncementDate;TR.DealPercentSought;TR.DealPercentOwned, ']
start_date = str(20100101)
end_date = str(20180312)
df, error = ek.get_data(symbol, names_list, {"SDate": start_date, "EDate": end_date})
df.sort_values('Date', ascending=False)

It appears to be returning very different results for what I can see in Eikon. By changing the RIC you can see more examples of incorrect returns.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Are you comparing it to CDV app on Eikon?

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @sam.humphreys

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

We are not currently exposing the deals database (CDV app on Eikon) to customers via the API, instead you are getting the default coverage from the standard reference database, which may differ.

Let me know if your require any further info.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Do you expose the Advanced Events Search app via the API?

@sam.humphreys I can not really say if it is using the same database. I suggest you contact your local Thomson Reuters support desk and ask them for help in reproducing ADVEV in Excel. The rule of thumb is that if something is available in Excel then it is available in the Python API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.