Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Eikon Data APIs from Java

The description on Eikon Data APIs states that: The APIs are based on web-native technologies to simplify integration into almost any desktop environment. These APIs can be used with traditional programming languages like Java or .Net as well as scripting languages like Javascript. A dedicated Python extension is also supplied to provide easy integration with this language.

However, I can not find any information on how to use this from Java, .Net or JS. Where could I get any details on using this from a language other than python?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@daniel.comsa that is the plan, however, the data api has not been released yet, the beta only has python.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your reply @Zhenya Kovalyov. From what I can see, the python implementation is a wrapper for http calls. Can I find anywhere the documentation for the available http api?

Also (somehow unrelated to the original question), was streaming data implemented? I can see the python lib having a dependency on websockets, but I can't see them being used in it.

@daniel.comsa we are not disclosing this just yet, as the underlying protocol may change before 1.0 release of the API.

The streaming bit was tested in alpha and removed from beta, but it looks like some artefacts still remain. It is going to be reimplemented for the the 1.0 release.

@Zhenya Kovalyov, thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. One last question: can I subscribe anywhere to receive updates on the progress?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.