question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 7

Market open notification

I want to know when an exchange is open. Is there an exchange-level event that indicates an exchange is open for trading? If not, is there one at the security level? Can you let me know the message type (e.g msg_type, field and enum value) for this type of event?

Thank you.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @kenny.ma

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@kenny.ma
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

I don't think that we have RICs for exchanges.

Therefore, it should be available at the security level RIC. From the enumtype.def file, there are several enumeration fields which contain "Market Open" enumeration. For example:

PRC_QL_CD  "PRICE CODE"           118  NULL        ENUMERATED    3 ( 3 )  ENUM             1
!
! Price qualifier code for equities, bonds, and options, generally related to the 
! quote price.
!

DH_MKT_ST  "DATA HLTH M/STT"     1386  NULL        ENUMERATED    3 ( 7 )  ENUM             1
!
! Data Health market status indicator.
!

PRC_QL3    "PRICE QUALIFIER 3"   3264  NULL        ENUMERATED    5 ( 3 )  ENUM             2
!
! Extended Price Qualifier FID generally related to the quote price.
!

However, its usage depends on exchanges.

You should directly contact content team via Contact Us and ask for the available field in the exchange that can be used to indicate market activities. Otherwise, you can use a Thomson Reuters Data Model Discovery tool to explore TR data models, content definitions and data update behaviors.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.