Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

What version of Eikon (Core, Research and Advisory, Premium) do you need to use the Python Data APIs?

Greetings

I just want to confirm whether or not Eikon Core is adequate/compatible for using the Python Data APIs?

I was told that you need to have an Eikon Premium subscription which is far above my means as opposed to the Core offering!

Could someone please verify this?

Regards,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisubscription
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
942 8 9 13

Hi @armandnaude,

The Eikon Data APIs follow content and feature availability in line with the Eikon Variant model. The Python feature for the new Eikon Data API will launch this year after a robust beta in which the community has been providing valuable feedback (thank you). Based on the results of the beta program, the Python feature will be available in Eikon Premium only. Please contact your account manager to discuss options that meet your needs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greetings Olivier

May I ask why the decision has been made to only provision the Python Data API for premium users? This is significantly prohibitive as premium subscription fees exceed 40% of my after tax salary...

Is this decision final? What other options are there for people like me then?

Regards,

Armand

We believe the Python feature is a premium feature reserved for our premium product at this time. Please contact your account manager to discuss other options.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.