question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Unable To make Time and Sales extractions for some markets.

I've been trying to create an extraction via the trth API: i'm creating instruments lists using the values in the VBD instrument files per market and making an On Demand Extraction for Time and Sales, however in some cases i get the following error:

Quota Message: INFO: Tick History Futures Quota Count Before Extraction: 1000; Instruments Approved for Extraction: 3; Tick History Futures Quota Count After Extraction: 1000, 100% of Limit; Tick History Futures Quota Limit: 1000
Quota Message: ERROR: The RIC 'EZT' in the request would exceed your quota limits. Adjust your input list to continue.
Quota Message: ERROR: The RIC 'EZT' in the request would exceed your quota limits. Adjust your input list to continue.

is there a way to programatically check if the Quota has been met via the API, and is the any documentation on how the Extraction Quota works.

tick-history-rest-apipricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@pranav.dhar,

As you have seen, extraction notes give information on quota usage. That is one of the reasons why it is a best practice to analyze them, to monitor usage on the run and know in advance if you are going to hit a limit.

The GetQuotaInformation endpoint allows querying quota information.

This query discusses daily quota information.

I checked the documentation and could not find any explanations on how it works. I will ask the documentation manager. In the mean time, and based on the fact that your quotas vary based on your account's permissions, I suggest you contact your account manager who will be able to answer any specific queries you might have on quotas.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hi @Christiaan Meihsl, thank you for the prompt reply, I have reached out to our account manager and hope that he will be able to help us further.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.