Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
79 5 8 8

Trading currency for delisted and active rics (or exchange)

Hello,

could you tell a field that can return trading currency for both delisted and active stocks?

Next example with field 'CF_CURR' from printscreen don't work properly:

Or maybe, there is another way how to know currency: getting first exchange code or country, and then retrieve currency for the exchange?

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiforex
123.png (14.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Try TR.PriceClose.currency:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Great! Thanks!

I am loading data on TR.TotalReturn, apparently it can be pulled only in some default currency. I am trying to find out which currency for each id of interest. TR.TotalReturn.currency does not work. I have tried your suggestion:

> get_data("B0VKMC4", 'TR.PriceClose.currency')
  Instrument Currency
1    B0VKMC4      EUR

But then I also get

> get_data("B0VKMC4", 'TR.FundCurrency')
  Instrument Currency
1    B0VKMC4 USDollar

Is there any way of knowing what TotalReturn's are measured in?

@barbara.bukhvalova
When you raise a new question, please start a new thread. Otherwise your post is easily missed when it appears as a comment on an existing thread.
This fund invests in USD bonds. The NAV is calculated in USD and this is what the TR.FundCurrency represents. The fund is listed on European exchanges where it's traded in EUR. The price source for total return calculation is the exchange, so the currency of TR.TotalReturn is the same as the currency of TR.PriceClose.

In this particular case by eye-balling I see the total returns are in EUR.

In the past, I have used

CF_CURR, CURRENCY, TR.FundCurrency

Is there something that works reliably for all types of securities? Is it

TR.PriceClose.currency?

On a related note: it there a way to find what units VOLUME is in? I understand it to be exchange dependent...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.