Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 1 3

Starting and Login to Eikon API Proxy from python

The Eikon API Proxy logouts when login to Eikon web application.

Is there anyway that we can force login to Eikon API proxy from python by passing some command line arguments to start Eikon Proxy and login with username and password

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @sunil.bodke

Eikon API Proxy standalone application should not be used anymore.

It has been embedded into Eikon Desktop product.

On Eikon Desktop product, when you launch the application you will see a login page.

You can save your User ID and Password so next time it won't ask for your credential again.

capture.png (225.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
12 4 3 5

Good afternoon

I am currently using the Eikon Data API in Python on a MacBook and thus without the Eikon Desktop Product. Is there any other way to login to the Eikon Data API without using Eikon Desktop or the Eikon API Proxy similar to Datastream Web Service?
If not, is there any way to force the login to Eikon API proxy from Python on a MacBook without clickling the sign in button?

Thanks for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

When you have a question it's always best to ask it on a new thread. Threads that already have an accepted answer are not monitored by moderators, hence your question asked on an old thread can be easily missed.
Eikon Data APIs can only be used through Eikon API Proxy. You cannot pass your user account credentials to Eikon API Proxy from another application. But you could check "Sign me in automatically" checkbox in the login prompt to sign in silently when Eikon API Proxy is launched.

Thanks for your help.

If I am logged in to Eikon Desktop on my Windows and try to connect to Eikon API Proxy on my MacBook, I receive a message saying that I am already signed in elsewhere. Isn't there any way to force the login without clicking on "Sign In"?

Hi @FRZH

If you are already logged in and trying to launch a new instance.

You are required to confirm that you would like to terminate another session.

It is not possible to force login.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.