question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

TRKD api: how can I get a chart in Get INTRADAY? I can get the data table in Get intraday but I'm failing to get the chart. I'm using php to extract the data.

rkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted TRKD_API_DEVSUPPORT@thomsonreuters.com via email

via

Upvote
Accepted
206 1 2 2

The chart tab you see in Support Portal is just an example of a javascript chart application (that particular one is called High Charts https://www.highcharts.com/) using TRKD API time series content to draw the chart and showcase what is possible.

BUT the high charts code or integration is not part of TRKD API - sorry if thats not clear.

Also, there are plenty other javascript/web chart applications aswell -- all similar to use, you just have to get the time series values from TRKD API and then plug them into the web page that loads the charting tool you chose to use.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
206 1 2 2

Charts is a separate service in TRKD API. You call "GetChart" operation with the chart request data - I'd suggest just using support portal to work out what request you need to get chart image you like - it returns a url in response and you use that url to get the actual chart image. The GET of theimage url may block if the image is not ready when you submit it, also the image url will expire after some time (dependent on the period selected in the chart -- minute charts expire more quickly than daily for example)

Not sure what you mean by "failing to get the chart" -- you need to provide more details on what you have done and what the problem was.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Robin Rottier, What I meant by "failing to get the chart" is that in timeseries>GET INTRADAY, under results the is two tabs i.e Chart and table, I'm failing to get that particular chart result.

Upvotes
3 0 1 2

@Robin Rottier Thank you, this was helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.