Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 5 9

error line 151 data_grid.py

Hi, I have a py script with a while loop. I request price every 120 seconds. After a variable number of loops, I have the following error :

File "CCCIWebReports.py", line 44, in <module>
CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp = pd.DataFrame(ek.get_data(CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp ,['CF_LAST','PCTCHNG','CF_TIME'])[0])
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\data_grid.py", line 151, in get_data
result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(DataGrid_UDF_endpoint, payload, debug=debug)
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 87, in send_json_request
check_server_error(result)
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 135, in check_server_error
raise requests.HTTPError(error_message, response=server_response)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: An error occurred while sending the request.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @guillaume.lefur,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is a reply below satisfactory in answering your question? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@guillaume.lefur
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are you still experiencing the issue you raised or are you able to reproduce it? If yes, could you provide the log file as suggested by pierre.faurel?

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

As the error occurred while sending the request, the proxy could log something.
Could you look at the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Thomson Reuters\Eikon API Proxy\Logs directory and check in the last eikon-api-proxy.2018mmdd.xxxxxx.pxxxx sub-directory. One of browser_xxx files should contains more information.

Otherwise, just a comment : your line of code is confusing.

CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp = pd.DataFrame(ek.get_data(CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp ,['CF_LAST','PCTCHNG','CF_TIME'])[0])

=> CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp should contains a RIC or a list of RICs, but you replace it with an extract of the result.
By the way, I assume that you reinitialize the content before the next request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 2 5 9

Thanks, I check the folder

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Thomson Reuters\Eikon API Proxy but it is empty.....Only a file called .portInUse

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

That's mean that you're connected through Eikon Desktop (and not standalone API Proxy), so you can check logs in C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon.yyyymmdd.xxxxxx.pXXXX directory.

You should find a SxS.yyyymmdd.xxxxxxxx.pXXXXX.txt file

As this file aggregates logs from different sources (main, app, bus, sxs-proxy, scripting), you'll have to filter on logs that have prefix "[yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.msec|dev] (scripting) [ApiRoute]"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.