question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

how to unsubscribe some symbols?

at the begin, i subscribed some symbols, but now i want to unsubscibe part of them, what I should do. details is better, thx (ps, i do not want to login again)

treprfarfa-apisymbologyunsubscribe
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @dongman,

Can you please confirm which API you are using?

it is transport API and the program language is JAVA

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @dongman,

When you subscribe to data using RFA, you execute the command registerClient(). When you want to unsubscribe to an open subscription, you unregisterClient(). Refer to the RFA documentation for more details. Specifically:

It's worth noting that if you request for non-streaming data, the subscription will automatically unsubscribe once you receive the initial image. Thus, no need to explicitly close the subscription. However, if you are requesting for streaming data, the unregisterClient() call will close the subscription.

With all that, if you are starting new development I would encourage you to use the Elektron SDKs I mentioned in my previous post. The RFA APIs are feature-complete and there are no plans to add anything to this API going forward. Not only are the Elektron SDKs significantly easier to use, they are our strategic APIs going forward.

ahs.png (33.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi nick.zincone.1, Thanks a lot, it is very useful for me.

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

other question, could you offer me the document named 'RFA Java RDM Usage Guide', because the official link is down ...

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @dongman,

Can you please provide the official link that is down?

you could search for the key word 'RFA Java RDM Usage Guide' and if you tried to open the result page you will receive the error code 404

sure, if you could offer the link of it, please tell me, thx

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @dongman,

RFA is not the transport API. If you want to use the transport API, refer to the Elektron APIs and choose your specific language - I believe in your case it is Java. Within there you can find documentation and tutorials for the Elektron Transport API. However, I just want to be sure that you are aware of the Elektron Message API (EMA). It is an ease-of-use API that is higher level and much easier to use for building enterprise market data consumers. The Elektron Transport API (ETA) is a low level API that provides the highest throughput and lowest latency but comes at a cost of complexity. EMA is the preferred choice for most clients.

I need confirmation on the specific API you are using to answer your original question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi nick.zincone.1,

sorry for my error info, in fact it is RFA

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.