Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 1

How to get median of unscaled volume for each of the months in past one year for a stock

For a stock I want to get the median values of it's daily shares traded ( unscaled volume) over each of the months for the past one year.
1. I am aware of the field "TR.Volume" to extract Volume data for a given query date but this gives me Volume w.r.t Lot size, I want unscaled volume to get daily total number of shares traded.

2. For a similar exercise to get Quarterly Total Turnover Data ( Total Turnover over a quarter) for past 24 months I use the fields ['TR.TURNOVER.periodenddate', 'TR.TURNOVER(CALCMETHOD=SUM).value'], with parameters {'SDate':query_StartDate,'EDate':query_EndDate, 'Frq':'FQ', 'tz':'HKG'} where query_StartDate and query_EndDate are user inputs.

3. I have tried using field 'TR.Volume(CALCMETHOD=MEDIAN).value' but it is an unrecognized field

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatavolume
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @yogesh.sharma,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@yogesh.sharma
To get unscaled volume use the field TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME.
There's no calc method to return the median monthly volume, so your options are to either retrieve the daily volume for 12 months and calculate median for each month in your script. Or apply the MEDIAN function to daily volume for a given month. Then to get the monthly median volume for the last 12 months you'll need to submit 12 requests. E.g. for the current month the request is

ek.get_data(["0001.HK"],["MEDIAN(TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME(SDate=0,EDate=-1CM)])
and for the previous month it is
ek.get_data(["0001.HK"],["MEDIAN(TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME(SDate=-1CM,EDate=-2CM)])
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.