Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
46 4 6 10

.NET Realtime API subscription doesn't always send me notification at news release

Hello,

So the .NET Realtime API subscriptions to economic indicators are working now (btw I am very satisfied by the data retrieval's execution time and thanks again for your great help!!).

However, in some cases I don't get the notification at the moment the data comes out! When that happens, I have to recompile my code on Visual Studio in order to get the latest info. This makes me miss some trades, as I seem be randomly not getting data sometimes (while there is nothing wrong with the code since when I recompile, all other things being equal, I get the new data I was expecting).

Any ideas why this is happening ???

Thanks a lot!!

-----

Thank you for your answer:

- By notification I mean the moment when the API detects there is a news release through DataReceivedCallback and should display it (but sometimes does not).

- Console

- Yes, in my code I got:

private static void InitializeDataServices(string appName)

{

Services = DataServices.Instance;

Services.StateChanged += ServicesOnStateChanged;

Services.Initialize(appName);

}

But the thing I do not understand is that it always works except for some random exceptions: the app is running in the console (subscription waiting for data release) and sometimes the data is published on Eikon but does not appear in my console, actually nothing happens in my console in these cases. When this happens, if I relaunch the app in the console, I get the data. So I assume this must be some issue with the subscription ?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Could you please provide some more information on this?

• What do you mean by notification? Do you not get the callback for your DataReceived event?
  • What is the environment in which you are running your app? e.g. console app, winforms application, etc;
  • Do you listen to DataServices.Instance.StateChanged event?
Upvotes
Accepted
46 4 6 10

Hello,

So after a consequent debugging time, we arrived to the conclusion that the .NET API is not suited (at least in my case) for multiple simultaneous economic indicators' data retrieval. In the end I managed to always get the data at news release but the rest of my code wasn't correctly implemented. This problem ONLY occured when the code was running at news release: when ran before or after (but not during), it worked perfectly. There must be some technicality in the API's architecture that makes it unfit for my activity.

In consequence, I switched to the COM API (using VBN) and now everything seems to work just fine all the time.

I really want to thank you and the team again for all the help you have provided me with, truly appreciate it!!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
4.6k 26 7 22

I need to see the code of your app before coming to a conclusion. I will send you an email.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.