For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 2 4 2

How to get RIC value currency using instrument search in rest api?

I use:

var results = extractionsContext.InstrumentSearch( IdentifierType.Isin, CodeISIN, new[] { InstrumentTypeGroup.CollatetizedMortgageObligations, InstrumentTypeGroup.Commodities, InstrumentTypeGroup.Equities, InstrumentTypeGroup.FuturesAndOptions, InstrumentTypeGroup.GovCorp, InstrumentTypeGroup.MortgageBackedSecurities, InstrumentTypeGroup.Money, InstrumentTypeGroup.Municipals, InstrumentTypeGroup.Funds }, IdentifierType.Ric, //Preferred identifier 10000); //Max results

But this search returns several rics with same ISIN and Source - they have different value currencies. If I want preferably nominal currency what should I do? I've read answer about using Historical search to get currency - I think it is very bad idea - It is consuming a lot of time - and such query costs money for my company.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssricsrest-apiforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ifetisov
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@ifetisov

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@ifetisov,

An InstrumentSearch does not allow you to filter results by currency, and I'm not aware of a way to request results that only include the nominal currency.

But if you know the asset class and the currency, other search calls allow that:

Would that help ?

Side note: you might also be interested in this article on ISIN to RIC conversion.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.