Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
46 5 6 10

Can't run .exe file using .NET Realtime data API

Hello,

My code is all good now thanks to your precious help, so first of all thanks so much!

However when I try running it using the .exe file I get the error "couldn't load the file or assembly 'ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.Dataccess' or one of its dependencies. The specified file was not found".

Any idea what's going on ? Since the program compiles and works using VS.

Thanks, again!!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Are you launching the executable from the build folder? Or have you copied the executable to another location? If the latter, make sure you include all the dependencies in the application distribution. All the dlls in the build folder need to be included in the application distribution and installed together with the executable in the same folder.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
46 5 6 10

Lauching from build folder + never changed the executable's location!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

I can't say I understand what's going on. If you're able to successfully run your application from Visual Studio and if you're running the application executable from the build folder I don't see how the executable could be missing its dependencies. As a sanity check make sure you have all of the following files in the build folder: Common.Logging.dll, EikonPipeDll.dll, i18nresource.dll, Newtonsoft.Json.dll, protobuf-net.dll, ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.dll, ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.dll, ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.dll and ThomsonReuters.Udap.ManagedPS.dll. In addition you also need to have msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll either in the build folder or in the PATH. If you have all these files in the same folder along with the executable, then all I can suggest is use Process Monitor application from Sysinternals, which will create a log of all the files the executable is accessing, which will hopefully give you a clue for what it's looking for and not finding.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
46 5 6 10

Thanks a lot for your solutions I will try them out and come back to you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
46 5 6 10

Hello,

So in the end I used the COM API through VBA, which was more appropriate for the purpose of my activity and didn't go through the debugging of .exe folders' execution.

Thanks a lot for your help

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.