For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 3

GET /cases/{caseSystemId}/results returns code 200 but results are empty

We are requesting a collection of results for a Case by caseSystemId in Pilot but although the status is ok, the response is empty:

System.HttpRequest[Endpoint=https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/0a3687d0-636b-19be-98e1-d4e40008c3af/results, Method=GET] System.HttpResponse[Status=OK, StatusCode=200]

Is there a problem with this service or we need to adjust something?

world-checkworld-check-onescreening
wc1.png (17.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6
@plamenj

There are two scenario where you would see a blank response with the response code 200 OK when you call the endpoint results.

1. If there are no matches for the given case system Id.

2. If the case has not been screened.

You can find out if the case has been screened or not by calling the API "SEQ-8: Retrieve the audit log for a case" and looking for the key "actionType" and its value "SCREENED_CASE" in its response body.

If you do not find the value of the attribute "actionType" as SCREENED_CASE or if the response body of the API "SEQ-8: Retrieve the audit log for a case" is empty, this means the case has not been screened.

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thans Irfan,

Is there a safe time period after which we can assume that it's option 1. and not 2. withouth calling SEQ-8?

Upvote
4.2k 8 5 6

@plamenj

I just checked the audit event for the case system Id 0a3687d0-636b-19be-98e1-d4e40008c3af and I can confirm that the case has been screened.

So in this case, there are no matches for the case system Id 0a3687d0-636b-19be-98e1-d4e40008c3af. This is why you are seeing a blank response with the status code 200 OK.

You can confirm this by checking the WC1 UI too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@plamenj,

It is always recommended to call the API "SEQ-8: Retrieve the audit log for a case" after the screening request API has been screened to be sure that the case has been screened.

As the screening request is async request so it adds the case to the queue to be screened later. The time period for the same may vary as this depends on the available capacity of the WC1 system.

I would advise you to call the API "SEQ-8: Retrieve the audit log for a case" before fetching the results. This is the best way to zero in to the point that the case has no matches.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 3

Thanks a lot @Irfan.Khan One more question - in case the response does not have actionType "SCREENED_CASE" is there a recommended time period after which we should make another "Retrieve the audit log for a case" call?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@plamenj,

Please allow me some time so that I answer this for you.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@plamenj

I believe if the response doesn't contain action Type as "SCREENED_CASE" you'll have to wait for some time as this scenario depends on 2 factors-

1. Available Capacity of the WC1 system as it gets added to the queue(async call).

2. Depending upon the profile you're screening. Eg: Screening request for Donald Trump would fetch a faster result as it is a much specific request compared to a much common name John Smith as the system would need to go through all the matches from the database.

The time to screen may be longer than expected.

You should try to find the right balance in a way that, If the Action Type is not "SCREENED_CASE", I'd recommend you to wait for 1-5 minutes and make another "Retrieve the audit log for a case" call. Hope this answers your query.

If the issue still occurs on multiple instances please let us know the name that you're trying to screen, we will try to replicate and investigate the same at our end!

Let us know if we can help you in any further way!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.