question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 0 1 2

RFA and our TREP capabilities

Hi community:

I'm very new to RFA development and would like to reach out with just a newbie question about connection capabilities (if you don't mind).

When I connect to our site's TREP, I receive the following warning in the RFA connection log:

(ComponentName) Static: (Severity) Warning: Connection "Connection_RSSL" does not support views. View requests will be converted to full item requests for this connection.

Q1: Does the above warning mean that I cannot reduce the amount of fields returned by an interest request to TREP?

I also receive another warning:

(ComponentName) Static: (Severity) Warning: Connection "Connection_RSSL" does not support Pause/Resume. Pause and Resume requests for this connection will be ignored.

Q2: Does the above mean that I have no way to suspend any interest request marked with ReqMsg.InteractionTypeFlag.InterestAfterRefresh ?

Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Craig.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @frenchc

According to the log message, you are correct that the component you connected to does not support view feature and pause/resume feature.

So you will not be able to set interested fields to your item subscription, pause nor resume your streaming request.

The availability of features depends on your TREP version and license.

Please contact your local TRM (technical relationship manager) to find out more detail.

Please be informed that the RFA API is a feature-completed API. The current strategic API is Elekton Message API (EMA Java API) which is a part of the strategic Elektron SDK family. You can find more detail regarding the EMA Java from the following resources

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much for your quick and clear response, Chavalit. Our organisation will be updating their TREP infrastructure in the near future to take advantage of the SDK you mentioned.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.