Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 5 5

Companies missing from historical ASX 100 data retrieved with Python API

I've been trying to retrieve a list of companies that are in the ASX 100 at various points in time. I tried this to get a list of companies 10 years ago:

ek.get_data(['.ATOIA'], ['TR.IndexConstituentRIC','TR.IndexConstituentName'], {'SDate': '-10CY'}) 

And I also tried this below based on the recommendation of Eikon support.

ek.get_data("Index(SPASX100,20080601)",["TR.PortfolioConstituentName","TR.PortfolioShares"]) 

Neither of these returns a complete list of 100 companies - there are more than a dozen companies missing in the returned dataset. Does anyone know a way to retrieve a complete list?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

From the API usage perspective everything you do is correct. What I suggest is to ask your local Thomson Reuters support desk for a Eikon Excel spreadsheet, that is going to do what you expect. If there any peculiarities in the dataset, they will be visible in the spreadsheet model.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.