Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

Convert Currency Number to Name

Hi,

cuurently I'am working on an wpf application using the ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed to fetch realtime date from EIKON.

I need to find the currency of a certain ric and to convert it to the currency string. For example RIC = NFLX.O, the currency is USD but the value returned for the currency through the API is 840.

Where can I feind teh enumeration which converts the currency number to the actual currency name?

Kind regards

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apic#forex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@dpuschmann I think you should use value.ToString() rather than value.RawValue:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 1

Thank you! That did help!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 3 5

Hi. Would the same trick work if I am using RDP API in C# ? thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

@melarbi

Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. To ask a new question, always start a new thread. I'm afraid, I cannot give you a straight answer to your question, as I'm not sure what you mean by "RDP API". In this context it could refer to a couple of different things. I suggest you start a new thread and describe the challenge you're looking to solve in more detail. A code sample would be most useful to understand the problem you're looking to solve.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.