question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

PermID Matching Service - Inconsistent results

I am using the PermID Record Matching service (https://permid.org/match) in order to match my portfolio's positions to reuters permIDs. I have inconsistent results when I am using Ticker + name of the company as inputs vs using only the name of the company. I would have expected to get better result (and not wrong) when I provide more information as input (ticker + name vs only name).

Exple

Input

LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,1,,Zhen Ding Technology,2,Ticker:4958,Zhen Ding Technology,

Output

ProcessingStatus,Match OpenPermID,Match OrgName,Match Score,Match Level,Match Ordinal,Original Row Number,Input_LocalID,Input_Standard Identifier,Input_Name,Input_Country,Input_Street,Input_City,Input_PostalCode,Input_State,Input_WebsiteOK, https://permid.org/1-5037082477,Zhen Ding Technology Holding Ltd,49%,Possible,1,2,1,,Zhen Ding Technology,,,,,,OK, https://permid.org/1-4295879381,T.Hasegawa Co Ltd,100%,Excellent,1,3,2,Ticker:4958,Zhen Ding Technology,,,,,,

The second company (where I provided ticker and name) is matched to a japanese company (with the same ticker as When Ding). The process seems to ignore the name completely and only matches on the ticker. I am doing something wrong or is it the expected behavior of the service?

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rocosandey

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @rocosandey

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @rocosandey,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @rocosandey,

Please find the response from the product expert:

"The matching tool is behaving as expected. When name and ticker are provided, results with higher match level/score have been provided. When the ticker (4958) is included there are two exact matches as two entities have exactly the same ticker (T.Hasegawa Co Ltd and Zhen Ding Technology Holding Ltd), and this is why both entities are returned in the results with a match level of “excellent” / score of 100%. When only the name is provided, the lower match level of “possible”/score of 49% is returned (as there is more than one match with a similar name and no other credentials on which to base match results)."

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @rocosandey,

We have referred your report to the appropriate team for investigating.

Thanks for your patience,

-AHS

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.