question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 4

Does Api accept Batch request for permid and RIC?

Does Api accept Batch request for permid and RIC?

If yes then How can I create batch request for API in c# ?

permid-apic#intelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apibatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@priyanka.srivastava,

Can you please include the API you are using?

@nick.zincone.1 https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/search/ I am using this api for permid data retrieval.

@priyanka.srivastava,

I moved this post into PermID in order for the appropriate group to see it.

Please some one answer this as I need to implement batch request in my program.. Is batch request possible from our end to api ?

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @priyanka.srivastava ,

Are you trying to submit a list of RICs and get back their corresponding PermIDs?

If that is the case, as suggested by @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, please try using.

Record Match instead of Entity Search, you will be able to submit multiple RICs via your C# application

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Does this applicable for multiple PermID as well?

Incase of RIC, I got the result back but Can I add PermID in template file?

Template file can only be formatted as per spec:

Record Matching Doc

For Ids the spec is:

"Standard Identifier Can be any one of the following: Ticker (stock exchange symbol for the organization), RIC (Reuters Instrument Code).
Please specify identifier type and value delimited with a colon, like so: Ticker:IBM."

So no, we cannot add PermId to template file.

So How can I get back data for multiple permIds? Calling Entity search for permId eachtime overhead my application.How can I send multiple permIds altogether and retrieve data back?

Unless I am missing the question, you are adding 200 rows, with RICs and Tickers, you are getting back 200 of either corresponding Permids or errorsCodes?

My question is If I add RICs to templates, I am getting proper response back but In actual I want to get organisation data for multiple PermIDs.

https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/search?q=permid:XXX supports only one permid at a time. I have a bunch of permId to retrieve organisational data. How can i do that to get response for multiple PermId at once since Record matching does not support permid as Standard Identifier.

@priyanka.srivastava

Believe you are looking for entity bulk download.

This is not in open access, currently in please see in this link toward the bottom

This link is not accessible for me.

and if bulk download is in kilobytes then I can go ahead, but if this is in megabytes then please suggest some other way to get organisation data for multiple permids at one request.

Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

@priyanka.srivastava

Do you mean adding multiple queries in a request?

I don't think that Entity Search supports this.

With Entity Search, you can focus the search on a specific field by adding the type of search term (name/ticker/ric/permid). For example- adding the ticker type ('ticker:TRI') would limit the results to entities with the TRI ticker.

Examples of supported search terms are:

• Microsoft
  • TRI
  • ticker:TRI
  • IBM.N
  • ric:IBM.N
  • permid:4295861160
  • ticker:msft AND mic:XNGS

For more information, please refer to PermID APIs User Guide.

For batch request, please try Record Matching API. With Record Matching API, you can send up to 1000 records to resolve in one request. I have used swagger with this request.

The output is:

input.png (18.1 KiB)
output.png (22.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

I am trying to get data from https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/search?q=XXX:DATA&Access-Token api for multiple search using c# code.

I came to know constraint that api accepts 1 request per sec that’s why now I used threading to delay request but I would like to use batch request to call api. In Actual I am using for loop to call https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/search?q=XXX:DATA&Access-Token because I have multiple RICs to pass in this URL.

That is much time consuming that's why I think for batch request.

Hope my question is clear now.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.