question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

What are the options for a developer interested in Eikon API ?

Hello to everybody,

Quite recently i came across with the Eikon API via Excel and i must say i am very impressed.

I have very strong background in Ms Access and i am looking for Excel Automation via Access or replacing the Excel Addin by Access completely.

For the time being my access to Eikon universe in terms in development are limited because i came across by getting a job in a somewhat supporting role around Eikon but not directly...

But i want to really get involved because for the time being it would be great if i could get a better understanding of its functionality ..that will benefit my current job along with my future plans ( I am also a .NET developer with good machine learning understanding not to mention that i have plenty of code of special ML programs)

So what are my options...i see that there is trial...but is only for 1 month...is there something else..i wouldn't mind if i had access even to fake or limited data just to develop...

TIA

eikoneikon-com-apiexcelms-accessmachine-learning
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @tsgiannis
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your suggestion, which is very much in line with our vision for the developer experience we'd like to provide. Our vision is for developers to be able to discover the APIs on this portal and be able to evaluate them with free samples of limited or canned data. To a small degree we already provide this for some of our enterprise APIs. But for most products including Eikon we're not quite there yet. Currently in order to use Eikon you have to have a contractual relationship with Thomson Reuters as either a client or a partner. I suggest you reach out to Thomson Reuters office in your country to explore the various possibilities for a client or a partnership relationship.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Thanks Alex for the reply...hopefully in the near future you will provide some kind of developer's edition of EIKON that will allow people interested in development to work.

I will make an effort to get access to my client's enviroment (EIKON)....or else i just have to wait...:)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.