Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 3 2 9

Error: Eikon API proxy not running?

Hi;

If I have not launched my EIkon desktop, I get a error. Please see below. What do I need to do ? What is Eikon API proxy and how can I keep that running in the background on a Unix box or Windows?

Thanks,

Sumit

Timeout on checking port 9000

Timeout on checking port 9000
Timeout on checking port 36036
Error: no proxy address identified.
Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiproxy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
41 0 0 1

Hello @sumit, you need to run Eikon to using the Data API on Windows as stated in the Quick Start Guide.

"The Eikon application integrates an API proxy that acts as an interface between the Eikon Data APIs Python library and the Eikon Platform. For this reason, the Eikon application must be running when you use the Eikon Data APIs Python library. When launched, the Eikon application starts listening for local websocket connections on port 9000 or the next available port if port 9000 is already occupied. You need to have a valid Eikon user account to be able to launch the Eikon application."

Another version available is for MacOS - please have a look into the Downloads section.

Please also notice that this API is still ( only one more month ) in Beta. Your beta App ID's will not longer work and you will need to replace them with new Keys generated with a new App Key Generator in Eikon.

KR

Norbert

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.