For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 6 3 8

Type descrepancy in screening results and detail profile

Hi,

I am getting different "type" with different API call "get case results" and "get profile details"

I found that the type is actually different on the user interface as well. Can I quickly understand if that is expected ? What is the logic behind ? Also, under connection tab of a profile details on the website, for those connections (individual / corporate), the information "type" is provided as well, may I know if the "type" in that column is equivalent to "type" extracted from "get profile details" -> "source" in the json text ?

Thanks.

world-checkworld-check-one
type-des.jpg (53.9 KiB)
type-des-2.jpg (67.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@cliff.ching

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

@cliff.ching

WC1 has 5 TYPES of lists – Sanctions (S), Regulatory Enforcement (RE), Law Enforcement (LE), PEP and Other Bodies (OB) (WC researched data but not listed by an official body).

This is what you are seeing under TYPE and KEY DATA in the UI (categories in API 'Screening result' and type under sources in API "WC profile")– this is just away of segmenting the data and understanding what risk associated with the profile is.

Now coming to the point of why the WC profile - 1727386 (UI)/e_tr_wco_1727386(API) shows key data as OB and PEP while the screening result page of the same profile shows the type as PEP only.

All accounts in WC1 has a pre defined setting which pulls WC data from the lists mentioned above, which can be manually be edited by the client to suit their use case. When a request to screen an entity name is screened, the WC1 system checks for this setting and looks only in those lists that have been pre selected in it and displays results in the screening result page accordingly excluding the lists that have been deselected or that do not exist in the setting. However, the WC profile of that entity match has all the information and includes all the list the profile may be linked to irrespective of the setting or lists that have selected for the account.

For the profile 1727386, I see that OB was excluded in the "type" section of the screening result page because it belongs to another list IEI (Iraninan Economic Interest) which falls under the list OB but is not available for your product settings. If you check the "Further information" tab or the "keywords" tab of that profile in the UI, you can notice that. So the WC1 system excluded the type "OB" while populating the summary of the profile "CPC CORPORAION TAIWAN" and mentioned the 'type' as only PEP.

In a nutshell, the "type" section of the screening result page shows only the lists (mentioned above) that the clients have in their product settings while the profile of the entity has all the list enlisted in it that the entity may be linked to.

I would advise you to use the API "SEQ-5c: Get a World-Check profile" to fetch all the "types" under sources. But then this depends on your use case of how detailed you want your checks to be.

The same logic applies for the connection tab of the profile details too.

Kindly let me know if you need further clarification on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@cliff.ching

Hi,

We are investigating this, will get back to you shortly!

Mehran Khan
API Technical Consultant

World-check One

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.