question

Upvotes
Accepted
61 4 9 12

ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.dll Location

I just recently started with the EIKON .NET api and I was able to get the example code (DataApiUsageExampleRealtimeData) working just fine. Since then I've tried to create my own project from scratch and have encountered some issues. Following the instructions to install the nuget package 'Eikon 4 Desktop Data APIs' the closest match I could find was the EikonDataAPI which was missing the ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.dll and many other files. Following the Tutorials section I tried loading "Install-Package ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed" via the nuget command prompt and it was unable to find the package.

So I'm kind of treading water here wondering where I go to get copy of the API.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@tobermark
Thanks for reporting this. After the packages have been reinstated the default download version became the unreleased v1.9.1. We're removing this version of the package from NuGet. In the meantime you can install the latest production release v1.8.4 by specifically targeting this version:
PM> Install-Package ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed -Version 1.8.4

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Eikon .NET SDK packages have been inadvertently taken down from NuGet. We're working on restoring these packages. We'll update this thread as soon as the packages are restored.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Eikon .NET SDK packages have been reinstated on NuGet and are available for download.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 4 9 12

Apparently there's a dependency that's still having an issue?

PM> Install-Package ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed

Attempting to resolve dependency 'Newtonsoft.Json (≥ 6.0.8)'.

Attempting to resolve dependency 'ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Signed (≥ 2.10.10)'. Install-Package : Unable to resolve dependency 'ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Signed (≥ 2.10.10)'. At line:1 char:2 + Install-Package ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand PM>

icon clock
10 |1500

The unreleased versions of the packages have been unlisted from NuGet. The current version available on NuGet is now the latest production release v1.8.4.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.