question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

TRKD ValidateTokenRequest1 issue

Please, help me with token validation issue.

I Create token with CreateImpersonationTokenRequest2
In a loop I validate token. If valid, I do some actions.

To validate token I create ValidateTokenRequest1, set AppID and Token to the request Header, then set the AppID and Token (the same) to the request Body

Validation is OK, response is "true" (valid). But after 1,5 hours while validating token i got an exception:

Caused by: com.thomsonreuters.webservice.trkd.token.http.ITokenManagement1ITokenManagement1HttpAndRKDTokenValidateToken1ClientErrorReferenceFaultMessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) at com.sun.xml.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:141) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:119) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:89) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:140) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy44.validateToken1(Unknown Source) at com.thomsonreuters.webservice.trkd.client.AuthorizationService.isAuthorizationValid(AuthorizationService.java:133) ... 3 more

I know that after 1,5 hour the token is became invalid, but i expect to get "false" from ValidateTokenResponse1

What I'm doing wrong?

rkd-apirkdtoken
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @bortnik,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @bortnik,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
121 1 0 0

Hi,

Create Service Token is proper method for most services in Trkd Api.

A Trkd Api client application may need to use effective users (Create Impersonation Token method) only for Document Search service and this is the case when different users of the application need to be given different access to broker research (broker research is available via Docuemnt Search service).

Please use, Create Service Token method, token expires in 90 minutes and returns error "Token expired", you can use the error as a signal to create a new service token or you can time your application to make create service token requests few minutes before the 90 minutes has expired.

Our developer guide has the following sections that may be helpful:

- "Caching Tokens and Handling Token Expiration"

- "Understanding Authentication Tokens"

Thank You!

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.