Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 6

get_data Time parameter. Python

Hello, I'm using Python.

I want to retreive the BID/ASK of Eur at a specific time(seconds).

I'm using data, error=ek.get_data('EUR=', ['TR.ASKPRICE.Date', 'TR.ASKPRICE','TR.BIDPRICE'], parameters={'SDate':'2018-06-20', 'EDate':'2018-06-22'})

I would like to Know how to Change the SDate EDate format and add Hour/min/sec to it.

thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @e-naji,

If you are interested in intraday activity, use the get_timeseries() method call. With that you can narrow down your time range and specify the granularity of the measure using the available options for the interval parameter. For example:

df = tr.get_timeseries( 'EUR=', start_date='2018-06-20T09:25:00', 
                                end_date='2018-06-20T16:01:00',
                                interval='minute' )

Note: See this post which provides additional details around the interval and what to expect.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello and thank you for you answer. @nick.zincone.1 But sadly we can't get BID/ASK and such using get_timeseries

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

In addition to the response from @nick.zincone.1 get_timeseries method currently can only retrieve timeseries for the default view for an instrument, which for spot exchange rates is BID. If you need both bid and ask intraday history at the moment there's no way to retrieve it using Eikon Data API. The only Eikon API that can currently provide both bid and ask intraday history is Eikon .NET API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 6

Hello and thank you for your answers. I find it odd that the function get_data() allows us to get Bid/Ask for a specific Date M/D/Year and not for an exact time like M/D/Y H/M/Sec.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @Alex Putkov., is it still the case that there is no way to get intraday bid and ask prices using the Eikon Python API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Correct. It's still the case that intraday quote history for exchange traded instruments is only available through Eikon .NET API and RHistory COM API (the latter can only be used in Excel VBA).

okay thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.