For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

EZD1.2.1 reporting NODE ID IS MISMATCHED WITH LICENSE KEY on Centos Docker container with correct mac address and hostname

I'm trying to do an AWS deployment of EZD without needing to maintain static infrastructure. I am running it inside of the default Centos docker image with a few modifications to install EZD 1.2.1 and related config. EZD starts and immediately complains: NODE ID IS MISMATCHED WITH LICENSE KEY

I am extremely certain that the hostname and mac address for the container correspond exactly to what was provided to the account rep.

These fields are listed as some public license info:

LICENSETYPE = STANDARD
PRODUCT = EZD
VERSION = 1.2

This is my EZD log:

ezd (version ezd1.2.F3) Initialization Start.
<END>
<<redacted>-elektron-preprod.1.ezd: Info: Wed Jun 27 03:10:02.360818 2018>
The Configuration Database is using the file /opt/thomsonreuters/SOFTWARE/globalconfig/ezd.cnf .
<END>
<<redacted>-elektron-preprod.1.ezd: Info: Wed Jun 27 03:10:02.360859 2018>

ezd main thread Using Epoll Event Notifier.
<END>
<ServerSharedMemory: Info: Wed Jun 27 03:10:02.361054 2018>
Allocated
<END>

This is the program stdout/err:

License File: /opt/thomsonreuters/SOFTWARE/globalconfig/licensefile/ezd-license.txt
License Status: NODE ID IS MISMATCHED WITH LICENSE KEY. Please contact your Thomson Reuters representatives or your administrator
ezd: Initialization Failed -Check Log-
ezd Error: Initialization failed

Is running EZD on Centos even supported? Is there a mismatch here between license version 1.2 and the patch version deployed at 1.2.1? Is there some internal syscall missing for the container and EZD is hiding the error?

I have little to no visibility on this one - pinging account rep for context but any other common use cases or pointers would be great to know about.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkawslicensing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

To create a license, NODE ID is required. Typically, NODE ID is unique on each machine. It comprises of the output of the following commands:

1. hostid

2. hostname

3. uname -m

For example, the node ID on my linux machine is:

-------------------------
Node Information
-------------------------
HostID: a8c00f1b
Hostname: replablinux1
NodeID: a8c00f1b replablinux1 x86_64

Then, the NodeID in the license file should match this Node ID.

From the error, it looks like the NodeID in the license file doesn't match in the Node ID of the machine that runs EZD.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.