Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
46 5 6 10

When will the python real-time API be available ?

Hey,

Was just wondering if you had a clearer view on the subject as we are approaching Q3 2018 ;)

Thanks a lot,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiwebsockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Asked Olivier Davant to answer this roadmap question.

Asked Olivier Davant again to answer this roadmap question.

<AHS Only>

I've sent 'Ask an Expert' to @Olivier DAVANT again.

Have sent an email to Iain Scott and Olivier Davant asking for help on this question

@Olivier DAVANT

@iain.scott

Could you please help the client regarding the Eikon Data API roadmap?

Show more comments
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

See the answer on this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 3 3

Hi,

I have Eikon API for python but I always need to run desktop Eikon application on windows to get the data with python. Is there any way or other API to get the time series historically data of security without running desktop application. Like it is big problem when I run it on the university computer.

icon clock
10 |1500

@fkhalil As you know that Eikon Data APIs is designed to programmatically access data via the Eikon proxy only. Therefore, it requires running Eikon during the use of Eikon Data APIs.

However, Thomson Reuters also offers a historical data provider: Thomson Reuters Tick History (TRTH) which is an internet based web service (RESTful) platform. So, you can implement any prefer programming languages to retrieve data through a web-service communication. Anyway, TRTH is a commercial product. You may contact the university whether they also have TRTH account for you or not.

Hope this help.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Start with the Eikon Data API for Python do my homework for me

tutorials are the must-reads

Hi! I suggest you reading the tutorial above as the first sentence states that Eikon application must be running cause the Eikon application integrates a Data API proxy that acts as an interface between the Eikon Data API Python library and the Eikon Data Platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.