For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 2 4

distinguish full tick and optimized "quality of service" at ric level.

asia-distribution-policy.pdf

I got attached document from my TAM that when access some markets from asia region, the elektron network could deliver the quotes in either "full tick" or "optimized" way, the "optimized" way actually limit the update frequency to 3 updates per second. When I subscribe a ric, is there any interface in elecktron API to tell which way the ric is delivered?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkupdate-message
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @xuquan,

If all the data is being delivered under a single service name (e.g. ELEKTRON) then there would not be a way for the API to know if which RICs are being optimised and which are not -as the optimisation is being done at the feed level.

If your TAM can confirm which exchanges are full tick and NOT optimised, then you could examine the RDN_EXCHD2 field received in the Refresh of each RIC and identify the originating exchange. This could then help you determine if the data for that RIC is from an optimised exchange or not.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.