Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 0 1 4

after clear cache, should I apply for a new app ID?

Hi,

I have been using EIKON Python API for a while.

After July, when I run a script (which works well before), it gets "HTTP error".

I thought that maybe clearing cache could fix it. This is the experience of using EIKON Excel Add-in. But after clearing cache, it gets worse. When setting APP ID, it reports error:

No handlers could be found for logger "pyeikon"

Could anyone tell me how to handle this? After clearing cache, should I apply for a new APP ID?

thanks

Charles

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Hi @charles.wang, there has been a slight change with the latest beta release. APP ID is now deprecated in favour of APP KEY, the summary of the steps you need to take is listed here, but in a nutshell you need to generate a new key with App Key Generator [APPKEY] and upgrade your package to the latest version with

pip install eikon --upgrade
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This works for me.

Thank you. Zhenya.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.