question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

What does RespMsg::ClearCacheFlag actually do?

I am publishing several records which comprise a chain over RSSL/OMM. So 0#MYCHAIN, 1#MyChain, etc.

Currently existing chains use short link FIDs (e.g. LINK_#) and I've changed our publishing to use long link FIDs (LONGLINK#). As a result, I want to clear out any any short-link FIDs which exist in the record when I publish the long-links. Easy , right? No, nothing is easy with RFA.

I use a PostMsg with an embedded Refresh message setting rfa::message::RespMsg::ClearCacheFlag in the indication mask. It does overwrite the existing fields but any subsequent updates to that record cause Eikon to only show the updated fields (i.e. it looks like the other FIDs have disappeared).

What should I be sending to RFA to work correctly in this use-case?

BTW, the fields *DO* appear to be in the cache, it's just that EIKON only seems to show the updated fields.

treprfarfa-apic++OMMrssl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
120 3 4 7

Hi

I think you need to set ClearCacheFlag only for refresh message, make subsequent updates without that flag. So you need am internal boolean variable in your code such as 'imageSent', if set to false you post a refresh with ClearCacheFlag and set imageSent=true, later when posting gain you see the imageSent is true and post an update without ClearCacheFlag set. You need a 'imageSent' flag for each (Service, Ric) pair.

Paulo.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Hi Paulo,

That's what I'm doing. I send an initial (Post+embeddedRefresh+ClearCache) followed by (Post) messages.

Are you from Reuters?

many thanks,

Ed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
120 3 4 7

Hi Ed,

Are the following posts also Refreshes? I think they should be updates without ClearCache.

You need to control each post with its own 'imageSent' flag.

What is the service you are posting to? I have already made similar thing in the past when posting to an ADH cache. I think this will not work with other services such as ATS or DCS.

Yes, I am from Reuters.

Tks

Paulo

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.