Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 3 2 9

Unable to retrieve data 'daemon is disconnected'

Hi.

I have started getting this error from Jupyter notebook. Was working fine till yesterday...

HTTPError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-9-856e1b1c042a> in <module>()
      2 # ek.set_app_key('***************************')
      3 ek.set_app_id("******************************")
----> 4ek.get_news_headlines('R:LHAG.DE', date_from='2017-04-05T09:00:00', date_to='2017-04-05T18:00:00')

~\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\news_request.py in get_news_headlines(query, count, date_from, date_to, raw_output, debug)
    104         payload.update({'dateTo': to_datetime(date_to).isoformat()})
--> 106result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(News_Headlines_UDF_endpoint, payload, debug=debug)
    108     if raw_output:

~\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py in send_json_request(entity, payload, ID, debug)
     90                 raise EikonError('401', response.text) #'daemon is disconnected')
     91             else:
---> 92raise requests.HTTPError(str(response), response=response)
     94         except requests.exceptions.ConnectionError as connectionError:

HTTPError: <Response [403]>
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39 3 2 9

ok. it works now!! restarted my machine & eikon terminal

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I notice that in your code you call set_app_key method and then immediately overwrite the value by calling set_app_id, and I wonder if perhaps you're overwriting the new app key value with an old app ID? Both set_app_key and set_app_id methods do the same thing. set_app_key was introduced to maintain consistent terminology when Eikon started enforcing validation of app keys. set_app_id is a deprecated but still functional method. If you call set_app_id after set_app_key the value you pass to set_app_id method overwrites the value of the app key you previously set by calling set_app_key. This is of no significance if the value you provide to both methods is the same. But if they're different then whatever method is called last sets the value of app key, which is validated whenever you submit any data request.
I would also recommend that you upgrade the version of eikon library by running "pip install eikon --upgrade" from command prompt. The latest version of eikon library (currently v0.1.13) will give you more verbose and more informative error message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39 3 2 9

I have the set_app_key() commented. Just been using the set_app_id

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39 3 2 9

I disabled the app key and generated a new one. Still no luck.

Please help as I am stuck now. My jupyter notebooks have all stopped working.

Excel Eikon api works

icon clock
10 |1500

Could you update the eikon library and get a more verbose error message?
After updating the eikon library, please restart the kernel from your Jupyter notebook.

pip install eikon --upgrade throws a exception. Any thoughts?

line 114, in rmtree_errorhandler func(path) PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Users\\sumit\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-2tod38cc-uninstall\\users\\sumit\\anaconda3\\lib\\site-packages\\numpy\\core\\multiarray.cp36-win_amd64.pyd'

Upvotes
39 3 2 9

upgraded eikon

I get this verbose error message:-

Error code 403 | Client Error: Forbidden - {"ErrorCode":1401,"ErrorMessage":"Application id MOSAICSMARTDATALTD.MOSAICDATAAPI is invalid"}
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39 3 2 9

ok. it works now!! restarted my machine & eikon terminal

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.