Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

400 Bad Request though working before

Dear Community,

I created a C# application to receive data from TR Eikon via Eikon Data API. Here are the code lines:

IEikon eikon = Eikon.CreateDataAPI(); eikon.SetAppKey("3ed10c489c1d49c2b3cfbb45a2541e813b1112b1"); eikon.GetLoggerFactory().AddConsole(LogLevel.Debug); var x = eikon.GetDataRaw("USOILN=ECI", "ECI_ACT_DT");

In the first two hours, this worked perfectly. I could use the C# application. I could receive data directly from Eikon into my database. After a log out from Eikon I received the following error message:

{"ErrorCode":400,"Message":"BadRequest: Backend error. 400 Bad Request","Data"}

I searched for this Error Message and found out that in April Olivier DAVANT wrote "This ‘400 Bad Request’ error is a known issue that impacts several customers. Thomson Reuters development teams are working on a solution."

Could the development team already solve this problem?

This question is time critical.

Thanks for your help.

Christopher

Please find below the full error message

dbug: EikonDataAPI.DataGrid[0] UDF Request: {"Entity":{"E":"DataGrid","W":{"instruments":["USOILN=ECI"]," fields":[{"name":"ECI_ACT_DT"}]}},"ID":"123" } info: EikonDataAPI.Profile[0] Find port in a file: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Thomson Reuter s\Eikon API Proxy\.portInUse info: EikonDataAPI.Profile[0] use port: 9000 info: EikonDataAPI.Profile[0] Return port: 9000 dbug: EikonDataAPI.DataGrid[0] UDF Response: {"ErrorCode":400,"ErrorMessage":"Backend error. 400 Bad Requ est"} fail: EikonDataAPI.DataGrid[0] {"ErrorCode":400,"Message":"BadRequest: Backend error. 400 Bad Request","D ata":{},"InnerException":null,"TargetSite":null,"StackTrace":null,"HelpLink":nul l,"Source":"JSONRequest","HResult":-2146233088}

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @christopher.bendieck

Could you please provide the requested information below?

Or let us know if your question has been resolved otherwise?

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @christopher.bendieck

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

The issue that Olivier Davant referred to was related to the requests that take more than 30 seconds for the backend to process. Those requests would be timed out with the error message "Backend error. 400 Bad Request". I don't think the issue you experienced is related despite the same error message. The request you quoted is very small, it shouldn't take anywhere near 30 seconds to fulfill. Do you see the 30 second delay between the request and the response? I'm not reproducing the issue on my end by simply executing the request you provided. Do you have a way of reproducing it? Is there something else happening in your application that is leading to the error? I'm trying to understand what your application was doing. The data you mentioned is an economic indicator, which is updated quite infrequently. I cannot help but wonder what your application was doing for the first two hours of running smoothly if all it does is retrieve the value that's only updated once every few days. Are you perhaps trying to frequently send the same request to catch the update when it's released?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Hey Alex,

thank you for your post. I had a call with the support team in Frankfurt. We decided to change the API from Eikon to Elektron. The question is solved.

I appreciate your very quick answer. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Christopher

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.