Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

How to Download Refinery Outage Data through Eikon APIs

Hi,

I am trying to download refinery outage data through Eikon APIs but not sure what code I should enter and look for.

Please suggest the steps.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
kgzvd.png (79.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You can retrieve current and historical capacity for individual refining units and aggregates by geography using RICs like CRO09824692=IIRS or CARG:2HRF=IIRS. But I don't think there's any way to search for outages using the API. I may be wrong about this though. To verify I suggest you contact Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in Eikon application and ask if there's a way to retrieve the outages into Excel using a formula. If the Helpdesk gives you Excel function you can use for this purpose, then it's possible to replicate it using the API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 1

Thanks Alex. Yes I just discuss with helpdesk and they have confirmed the same.

To retrieve data via API requires RICs or a text page and the Refinery Outages are on roadmap for RIC-creation still.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.