question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Datastream, different reporting dates, but requested 31 Dec 2017 data

Hello everyone,

I am currently analyzing different automotive companies and therefore requested a static time request in data stream.

My request was the following:

Companies: Volkswagen/Toyota/Daimler/Ford/Honda

Data requested: Enterprise Value, SALES, EBITDA, EBIT

Date: 31. December 2017, 31. December 2016 (...)

I just finished my analysis but noticed then that it could be possible that these companies have different reporting dates - and well, Toyota and Honda for example end their business year on March-31, but Volkswagen and Daimler end their business year in December-31.

I would like to know whether I requested FULL YEAR data (one business year) for EV/SALES/EBITDA/EBIT for all companies or whether I only requested Q3 data for Toyota and Honda, which makes my analysis unusable to compare these data.

If I requested Q3 data.. Does anyone know a function or date code to use full business year data? I know that I can just do another static request on March 31, but would like to understand datastream and make it as easy as possible for the future.

Thanks for your help in advance.

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

Hello,

This forum is for software developers using Thomson Reuters APIs. The moderators on this forum don't have the expertise to answer general product or content search and explanation questions for Thomson Reuters products.

For questions such as this one you posted it is best to contact Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by following the link below:

http://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hi Monika, Thanks for you reply and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.