question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

Tick Data preview report extraction null value.

Hi all, I got a question but I doesn't understand why it is.

When I send the "New Tick History Intraday Summaries Report Template" requset and next I click preview to see my response as below:

The value while last 4 columns looks like no data, could anyone talks to me about how do I resolve this issue please? Thanks a lot.

My request attributes as below:

best regards.

tick-history-rest-apitick-data
aa.png (42.5 KiB)
bb.png (52.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@yun781207,

your request is for Monday 23rd of July, starting at midnight. That is midnight Hong Kong local time, because you chose the Query Time Zone to be Local Exchange Time Zone.

The first 9 hours do not deliver any data. That is normal, it is not an issue and does not need to be corrected. The reason is simply that trading starts at 09:30, so the first hourly bar that contains data is the one that corresponds to Hong Kong local time 09:00-10:00.

Note: the output uses GMT time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 2

Hi @Christiaan Meihsl,

I so appreciate that you spent your time to answer my question, it absolutely solve my some doubt.

However I still have some things I don't understand. I would like to ask you if I use "0#CL:" I find a lot of contracts for light oil. I randomly take a CLQ1, which means the August contract. And next I used the query time on 2011/7/20 and time zone is Local Exchange Time Zone, this way to preview as below:

So I'd like to know about:

1. As shown above, there is no data after 18 o'clock but at 21 o'clock there is one data other then Volume value, what does that mean?

2. CLQ1 and CLQ24 both of all are represent the August data, but what does the number 1 or 24 means?

Because I'd like to download the entire CL's ten-year continuous tick history data at one time, I have been unable to find the right method.

Thanks your answer once again and looking forward your reply.

Have a good day.

aaa.png (19.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@yun781207,

this forum is for software developers using Thomson Reuters APIs. Your data question would be best directed at the Thomson Reuters Helpdesk, as it is not related to software development.

If you need any further assistance with this, please contact the Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by opening a content-related enquiry via My Account or by calling the Thomson Reuters Help Desk directly.

@yun781207 - This is a private post

I would suggest posting your second question as a separate question, not as an answer to the first one. Once an answer is accepted, marked as "correct", the community tends to only look at the accepted answer, and may miss you second question on the same topic. You can always refer to the original question by adding a link to it. Kind regards, AHS

@Christiaan Meihsl

Oh... I'm sorry Sir, it's my mistakes. This is my first time to use this forum. I will follow your suggest.

@yun781207, - This is a private post

No worry, and have a nice day :-)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.