Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

Is it possible to use JET api to create a self hosted application and delpoy in our webserver?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apijethtml
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@infospica JET is a client-side library, it is tied to a container in which it is executed, rather than depending on where the javascript module is hosted and served from. 'Reverse-proxy' has nothing to do with JET.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
339 4 4 6

It should be possible by using the method called "reverse proxy". I know the current "Global Fund Flows" app. in Eikon Premium is using that method. The back-end server of this app. is hosted separately by Lipper.

icon clock
10 |1500

Any example or documentation on how to use JET API with reverse proxy

I am afraid I cannot provide samples nor document. You should check with the TR technical team on that. My understanding is this need TR to setup special network configuration to route the API calls to your server.

Thank you so much,

so JET API Apps can only run with in the desktop eikon environment, to deploy out side eikon environment requires TR support.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@infospica
I'm afraid from your question it's not quite clear to me what your ultimate objective is. If you're looking to redistribute Thomson Reuters data through your own Web application, then Eikon is not the right product for you. You should consider the product named Thomson Reuters Knowledge Direct (TRKD). If you're looking to embed your Web application into Eikon, then Eikon App Studio provides such capability. Or you might be looking to do something else entirely. In any case I suggest you reach out to your Thomson Reuters account manager, who will be happy to assist you with architecting the solution you're looking to build and to select Thomson Reuters product that best fits your purpose.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.