For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Why do I get a different number of results using DataScope .Net SDK and DataScope Select Web UI?

I am currently testing the .Net SDK and I created a TickHistoryTimeAndSalesExtraction. I did this as an On-Demand extraction and as a GUI-Extraction. I used the same setup for both and when I look at the first lines, I get the same data from both extractions.

There is only one difference in the result. I get more than 400k result/ticks from the GUI-Extraction and just about 100k from the On-Demand extraction. Is there a limit to the On-Demand extraction?

I am currently using a test account, is there a limit to test accounts?

Best Regards

Denis

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss.netrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@sabic, the size of a result set is not limited for a test account. The truncated result set is probably due to the way the data was retrieved using the API. Some programming methods and libraries might truncate result data sets when downloading, without generating an error. This issue, and solutions, are described in this advisory.

Those solutions were also applied to the code samples available in the downloads tab, see .Net tutorial 5 and its associated code, which implements an OnDemand extraction with data retrieval; it is for Intraday summaries (bars), but it is easy to adapt it for a Time and Sales extraction.

If you post the data request you used, as well as the code you used to retrieve the data, we can check it and suggest improvements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

With these documents, I could fix the problem.

Thank you very much.

icon clock
10 |1500

@sabic, great, thanks for letting us know :-)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.