Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 10 13 14

Eikon .NET API for symbol lookup?

Hello!

What is the proposed way to programmatically locate symbols (RICs) using a user entered search term?
We are thinking of a search by (partial) RIC name (e.g. DTE finds

DTE, DTEGn.DE etc) or display name, e.g. a user enters "Telekom" which will find, among others "DTEGn.DE" (Deutsche Telekom), "TELA.VI" (Telekom Austria) etc.

Basically what we want to achieve is what you get in Eikon Terminal when you start typing something in the edit field (and the "more search results dialog" when you press Shift-Enter).

We are currently using the Eikon .NET Timeseries API in C#.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@GoGoGroundhog unfortunately there is not a way you can achieve this with .NET. The workflow for App Studio apps implies a user using the search field that is a part of the standard container, results of the search get injected into the app through the ContextChanged event.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your reply Zhenya.
Unfortunately the app in question is not an AppStudio application.
Can you propose alternative APIs (accessible from .NET, e.g. via COM) that could achieve this task?

@Zhenya Kovalyov Could you please come back as there are more questions from the customer? Thank you in advance.

Upvotes
87 10 13 14

Okay I found the RSearch/EikonDesktopDataAPI COM APIs which may be helpful for this task.

Is anyone able to answer these questions:

- can I use the EikonDesktopDataAPI/RSearch in a process explicitly targeting 64bits?

- is my understanding right that though I can search for display names and/or RICs the response will always only contain RIC names? Will I have to issue a request to another API to resolve display names for every search result?

icon clock
10 |1500

@GoGoGroundhog my apologies for the delay. I suggest you start a new topic on the forum when you have an additional question.

• Rsearch should work in x64
  • That's correct, to get additional info use DEX2, the reference data API, and TR.* fields (you can see the list either on eikon in Data Item Browser app [DIB] or Excel's formula builder), as the real-time API, Adfix Real-time, does not work in x64

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.