Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Server error: Could not create application. An application with the same name or ID may already exist

My app key for Python does not work any more, and when I try to generate a new key using the app key generator in Eikon I get a Server error, saying that an application with the same name or ID may already exist, regardless of what name I try for the key.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
app-key.png (49.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

I have reported the issue to the product manager, they will be in touch shortly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zhenya Kovalyov Do you have any detailed from the product manager? If so, could you please put it as the answer for this question?

@Nipat Kunvutipongsak i belive Kat is talking to the user directly, I will check though

I see the same error. How do you resolve this?

Upvotes
2 2 1 1

Hi, any updates on this issue? I have the same problem

icon clock
10 |1500

@swang
I would suggest restarting your Eikon application. If the issue persists after the restart, then contact Refinitiv Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number if your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Here is the error I see:

1570659202948.png (83.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @mjoshi

"eikon" app name was taken.

Please try using other meaning full app name.

I did try using another name. It gives same error, whatever name I use.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I've been having the exact same problem(I've tried restarting and changing the name). Any updates?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nikosmarka,

Is the name you are trying to assign to yourself fairly common? It looks like this app name is already assigned to someone else.

Have you tried a name that is more distinct, such as NikosApp1? Please try something unlikely to be assigned, and let us know if this succeeds for you?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.