Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 3 1 5

WCONE API - How to display the CRM user name when screening a case

Hi team,

Implementation question:

"When we send a record from our CRM it is creating/updating with Admin user name , in trail instance its getting updated with the client admin name (i.e my name). is there any option to display/fetch actual user name by whom record is modified in our CRM."

In conclusion, if I screen a name via API how can I add to the audit the user that screened the name?

Many thanks

Vanessa

world-checkworld-check-onescreening-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6
@Vanessa Lucisano

As observed correctly, if a case is screened or modified, the name reflected in the audit would be the name of the user whose API key and secret was used to screen or modify the case.

As I understand, the client would like to add the name of the actual person (other than the user name whose API key and secret were used to screen or update a case) who screened the case to the audit for tracking the modification made by them.

The answer is that it is not possible to add to the audit events, the name of the user who screened/updated the case. It will always reflect the user name whose API key and secret were used to screen or update a case.

Please find the JSON response for the audit event SCREENED_CASE below:

{
"id": "0a3687cf-65af-1113-996c-9090000079f8",
"objectId": "0a3687d0-65ad-12bb-996c-908f0000580b",
"eventDate": "2018-09-07T04:20:11.046Z",
"actionedByUserId": "0a3687cf-611f-145c-9866-5974000011c2",
"actionedByUserName": "Irfan Khan",
"note": null,
"entityType": "CASE",
"actionType": "SCREENED_CASE",
"auditEventToDate": null,
"details": {
"detailsType": "ScreenCaseAuditDetails",
"userId": null,
"statusCode": "COMPLETED",
"screeningState": "INITIAL",
"noOfNewResults": 9,
"noOfReviewRequiredResults": 0,
"noOfExcludedResults": 0,
"noOfAutoResolvedResults": 0,
"providerTypes": [
"WATCHLIST"
],
"caseScreenRequestor": null,
"caseSystemId": "0a3687d0-65ad-12bb-996c-908f0000580b"
}
}

Please check the attribute "actionedByUserName" and its value as Irfan Khan. This is the name given to my user in WC1 GUI. Also, notice the attribute "actionedByUserId", its value to integrally associated to my user name.

This is the rationale behind why we cannot add a user name to the audit that does not exist in the list of users in the GUI.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 0 2 5

typically clients would add a custom field to accomodate this requirement:

e.g.: customfield: submitting user

customfield: editing user

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 3 1 5

Thanks Guys!

yes custom fields was one of my thoughts, but you will not see that field in the audit. Maybe the client can create an audit at start using the Case id to connect the 2 actions...

I'll discuss this later today.

Thanks for the replies!

Vanessa

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@Vanessa Lucisano

I have raised an enhancement request to the product team for the same.

We will have to wait and see if this qualifies as a valid enhancement. Kindly note even if this qualifies as a valid request, the time frame for this to be deployed live would still be long depending on the priority assigned to the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.