question

Upvotes
Accepted
61 4 9 12

Getting the Name of Exchange from a RediLib.CacheControl object.

I am able to submit an order where the Exchange (Destination) has a simple name like DEMF Shares. However on subsequent messages via CacheControl the Exchange returned is in an int format and giving me a value of 1026953. Is there a method I can call to change that number into the string name for the Destination?

Note, your documentation states this field is a string object yet when you try to extract a string it throws an exception.

redi-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS Only>

I've sent an email to REDI-API@thomsonreuters.com to get assistance.

Upvote
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

I think that you are using the CacheControl.GetCell(...) method with the "Exchange" field to get the exchange. It returns a number.

Please try to call that method with the "DisplayExchange" field instead. From my test, it returns the name of exchange.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
61 4 9 12

That's what I was looking for! Thanks! Is there a list of all the available property names out there? DisplayExchange wasn't in the documentation I've received from TR and I'm wondering what else I'm missing.

Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.